How to Download and Install iOS 14 on your iPhone?
Would you like to download and install iOS 14 on your iPhone? Though Apple’s latest mobile operating system was released at WWDC 2020 online events. The iOS 14 new OS has incredible features such as App Library, Widgets, redesigned Siri, Picture-in-Picture mode, Memoji with a face mask, and etc. However, the iOS 14 developer beta 1 is available for only developer program users. But the public beta version will come in July which is free of cost.
The developer beta version is not for the public, it is only for developers who have a developer program account. Remember, having a developer account or signing up for the developer program will cost $100/year. Therefore, you don’t need to pay money just wait a few days more for the public beta.
However, the iOS 14 developer beta has tons of bugs that may cause random restarts & crashes. Therefore, we recommend you to not download and install iOS 14 on your main iPhone. Even, we recommend you to not go with public beta too. If you can wait for the final release version, Then, you will not experience errors and there will be stable features and no bugs.
To download and install iOS 14 on your iPhone is like a previous iOS 13. If you installed the iOS 13 on your iPhone then these steps are easy for you. Therefore, let’s start the article.
Which Devices can Support iOS 14
iOS 14 is available for the newest iPhone model and the older iPhone will not get the iOS 14 update. Therefore, below are the iOS 14 compatible iPhone devices. If you have one of the below iPhone then you can enjoy the iOS 14 new operating system.
- iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, and iPhone SE
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2020
The things to do before installing iOS 14
Before downloading and installing all the cool stuff, I want you to follow some short steps you might want to do before updating to iOS 14. The steps will protect your device, data, and other stuff. So, I hope you must do the below steps.
1: Back-Up your iPhone Before you Start
iOS 14 latest mobile operating system has several errors and it may crash your iPhone or you may lose your whole data. If you can wait for the final stable version of iOS 14, Then, you don’t need to back-up your iPhone. But, this time, you must have a backup of your iPhone and data.
You have three best methods to backup your device. The first step is to back up using iCloud, backup on your Mac computer, and backup with iTunes. Once you complete the process then download the iOS 14.
Back-up Using iCloud:
The easy way to back up your iPhone is by using iCloud. Here’s how to do it.
- Firstly, connect to a Wifi network.
- Go to Settings and select your name. After that, click on iCloud.
- Now, scroll down and click iCloud Backup and click Back Up Now.
Now check the process whether it is completed or no. To do that, go to settings and go to iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage. Then, tap on your device on the list.
Back-Up using your Mac Computer:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac computer.
- Then, follow the screen steps to enter your device passcode or trust this Computer.
- Now, open the Finder app and select your iPhone from the Sidebar.
- Go to the General tab and click Back Up Now.
Back-Up on your Mac/PC with iTunes:
Whether you have PC or Mac, you can back up your iPhone using iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone and make sure the iTunes is up-to-date.
- Follow the steps in case you need to enter the passcode or trust the computer.
- Now, select your iPhone in iTunes.
- Click Back Up Now to save your data.
2: Delete Beta Profiles
To install the iOS 14 on your iPhone, you have to remove the previous beta profile whether it is public or developer beta profile. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to settings.
- Then, go to General settings.
- Scroll down and tap to Profile.
- If you have the previous beta profile on your device, you will see here and you need to remove it.
- After that, restart your device.
3: Battery Life
Make sure your device has a large amount of battery or plugged in before starting to install iOS 14. This new iOS 14 installations will take a long time and your iPhone must have enough battery life. In case, your device shuts down during the process then you will lose your all data and there is no possible way to recover your data.
How to Download and Install iOS 14 on iPhone
- To download the iOS 14 developer beta, go to developer.apple.com.
- Now, log in with your Apple ID.
- Then, go to the download section (The section is located in the lefthand menu).
- Scroll down to iOS 14 beta and tap install Profile then click accept.
- Go to Settings > General > Profile and tap on the iOS 14 beta profile.
- Now click the Install button to install the iOS 14.
- Restart your iPhone and come back.
- Now go to Settings > General > Software Update. Here you should see iOS 14 beta, Therefore, click the Download and Install button.
- Once the downloading is completed then click the Install Now button.
- Now, wait for a while to complete the installation. And finally, your iPhone device is running iOS 14 betas.
- MacOS 11 Big Sur Compatible Macs List
- Download macOS Big Sur Wallpapers
- How to Download and Install macOS Big Sur on Mac
The iOS 14 is better than iOS 13 and it has handy features and some big improvements. However, the macOS 11 is inspired by iOS 14 and Apple added some iOS 14 features in macOS Big Sur. This time, all the Apple software is awesome and all are better than the previous version.