How to Reset macOS Big Sur Forgotten Password? New Method
As a row, Apple introduced its new operating system every year on 22nd June with incredible features and improvements. This year 2020, Apple kicked off the latest operating system called macOS Big Sur and highlighted all the new features and changes that included in the macOS Big Sur. However, macOS Big Sur is in the public beta mode and the stable version will be released in September or October. Till the final version of macOS Big Sur, you will face certain errors while running the operating system.
So, if you have installed the macOS Big Sur on your Mac computer or on Virtual machines like Virtualbox and VMware. Then, you have set an administrator password in order to safe your data or someone else should not use your computer. Although creating a password is an easy task whether on Mac, Windows, Social Media account, or on other platforms. Though, resetting social media account password, Gmail Account password, or other account is easy. But, resetting the macOS Big Sur administrator password is difficult.
You don’t need to worry about how to reset macOS Big Sur forgotten password because in this article I will guide you the best method to reset your macOS Big Sur administrator password without losing any data. The below method will work for all Apple operating systems like macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, and macOS Mojave.
Reset macOS Big Sur Forgotten Password using Terminal
- Turn on your macOS Big Sur laptop.
- Once the laptop is turned on, then, press and hold the Command + R key.
- You need to hold the key until you didn’t see the macOS Utilities.
- On macOS Utilities, tap on the Utilities menu from the top and click on Terminal to open the terminal window.
- On the Terminal window, type resetpassword and press the enter key. Remember, don’t give space between reset and password.
- Wait for a while and you will see the Reset Password window, where you can set a new password for your macOS Big Sur.
- Here, type a New Password, Verify Password, and provide the Password Hint because it will help you when you forget your macOS Big Sur password again.
- Now, click on the Next button.
- After that, you will get a notification window with a message of “Your user account password has been reset. You may reboot and sign in using your new password”.
- So, restart your macOS Big Sur and enter the new password to log in.
This is the easy and handy method to reset macOS Big Sur forgotten password on Macbook Pro/Air, iMac, Mac Mini, or other Mac computers. The main point is, it will reset your Mac password without losing any data which can be useful for you.
Reset macOS Big Sur Password using Apple ID
This method will be easy for you, but the requirements of the method are you should tie with your Apple ID. And connect your macOS Big Sur with the internet in order to access Apple ID Account.
- Turn on your Mac computer and type your previous password several times. Then, you will see the Password Hint and below the password Hint you have a message “If you forget your password, you can reset it using Apple ID”. So, click on the > icon.
- Now, enter your Apple ID that you have used for iCloud data or App Store and enter your Apple ID correct password. Then, click on Reset Password.
- Now a notification window will pop up with a message of “If you change the password for this user account, you will create a new Keychain to store the user’s password”. So, click the Ok button. Remember, this process will not delete your data and your all data will be saved on your computer.
- Wait for a while to boot your Mac and you will see the reset password window.
- Here, you will see the set password option to provide a new password for your macOS Big Sur. Therefore, type a new password, verify a password, and give a password hint. Then, click on the Set Password button.
- Now, restart your Mac and log in with your new password.
After that, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Mac computer. So, this is the second method to reset your Mac password. Remember, if you don’t have Apple Id then go with the first method because this method will not be completed without Apple ID.
- How to Reset macOS Catalina forgotten password
- How to Reset macOS Mojave forgotten password
- Reset Windows password for local account
There are several ways to reset the Mac password but the two methods that I mentioned in this article are the best and work for all Mac operating systems. So, if you are running macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, or macOS Mojave. Then, you can use the above method to reset your Mac operating system forgotten password.
In case, you know another way to reset macOS Big Sur forgotten password. Then, please let us know in the comment section. We will be thankful to you.