Might be you are Indian and you want to know about IPS knowledge or you want to be a part of IPS then in this article you will know about IPS all details. However, The Full form of IPS is the Indian Police Service. IPS, simply known as Police service is one of the 3 All India Services of Government of India. The Indian Police Service is shaped in 1948, a year later of independence of India. Being a top-rated and one of the maximum prestigious services in India, it has additionally replaced the Indian (Imperial) Police. The IPS officials are recruited through the examination of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
This examination is conducted each year and the selected candidates can choose their choices from the top 3 services, for example, IAS, IFS and IPS. For standard category applicants, there are 4 attempts to pass this examination, 7 tries for the OBC applicants and no limit for the SC/ST applicants. The IPS provider is split into distinct departments like Crime Branch, Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Home Guards and Traffic Bureau. With approximately 100000 plus applicants taking the exam out of which fewer than two hundred are sooner or later selected.
Due to its extreme competitive nature, this is considered because of the toughest exam in India. The minimum instructional qualification required to use for this activity is a graduate diploma from an identified university. The minimum height required for men to use is 165 cm and 150 cm for women. Candidate belongs to SC/ST and to races which include Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals, Gorkhas, Garhwalias, etc. The minimum peak is relaxable to a hundred and sixty and one hundred forty-five cm for males and females respectively.
What is the Full Form of IPS?
You get the IPS abbreviation from above heading even though you get much information about IPS. So, the full form of IPS or IPS stands for Indian Police Service. However, the Police itself means the civil force of a city or state that is responsible for the awarding and discovery of the crime and the maintenance of public order.
Education Qualification for IPS officer
If you are curious to know what qualification is needed to apply for this job or exam then make sure the applicant should be graduated from an identify University to apply for the IPS exam. The candidate can apply for this exam every year scheduled by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Take Heed, IPS exam is the arduous exam in India due to the extremely competitive nature.
Physical Requirements for IPS
As you know for every job there are some requirements thus for IPS there are Height, chest, and Eyesight requirements and below you will get the clue what your height should be and etc.
If you are a man then your height should be 165 cms and for women, their height must be 150 cms. The requirement for Chest is, Men chest the minimum girth required 84 cms and for women, the chest should be 79 cms. Moreover, the requirement for Eyesight is Myopia such as the cylinder should now not be extra than minus 4.00D and hypermetropia which include the cylinder should now not be extra than plus 4.00 D. The candidates with squint are immediately disqualified. Spectacles are allowed.
Rules and Functions of IPS officers
- To keep public peace and order, crime prevention, investigation, detection, VIPs security, counter-terrorism, drug trafficking, economic offenses, disaster control, etc.
- Lead and command the Indian Intelligence employer like RAW (Research and Analysis Wing), IB (Intelligence Bureau), CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation), CID ( Criminal Investigation Department), etc.
- Lead and command the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) which includes CPO (Central Police Organization), and Central Paramilitary Forces (CPF) together with BSF (Border Security Force), CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force), NSG (National Security Guard), CISF ( Central Industrial Security Force), etc.
- To have interaction and serve the Ministry and department of state and important in coverage making.
Pros and Cons of IPS
Get know about IPS advantages and disadvantages though you have to know about IPS pros and cons and below are the list of advantages and disadvantages.
Pros of IPS:
- It indicates consistent, accurate color from all viewing angles.
- IPS processes high-speed signals without records loss.
- It provides a strong response time with clean images.
- The most critical benefit of IPS is that it does not lighten or show tailing when touched. So, it is high-quality for contact screen devices such as clever telephones and tablets.
Cons of IPS:
- It uses more power (nearly 15% extra) than conventional LCD screens.
- IPS displays are extra pricey than conventional LCDs.
- IPS shows have longer response time than normal LCDs.
That’s all about IPS full form and you get the abbreviation of IPS that what is the full form of IPS. So, I recommend you to try IPS service and if you have high education then don’t miss to apply for the IPS job.