One of the best ways to have a clean MacOS Mojave installation is to create a bootable USB drive. although you can install it out of USB with its image file, Once you create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer then you can install it again and again with the same USB Flash Drive. However, you know MacOS Mojave is the handy and best operating system among all Mac, thus Mojave has cool features which help users to feel at home while working on files. So, as you are curious to get the idea on How to Create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer using your Windows PC, therefore, In this article, I am going to show you the easy and best method that you can easily create a bootable USB for any Mac operating system.
After creating MacOS Mojave bootable USB then you can install Mojave on your Mac and Windows, although installing MacOS Mojave on Mac PC is not a difficult task but if we try to install it on Windows PC then it will need some requirements thus you can install it on your computer. If you are Windows user then you have the best platform such as Virtualbox and Vmware software where you can install any Mac operating system but before going to install you have to download its image file for a virtual machine. otherwise you can’t complete the installation on windows. if you don’t know then follow the below heading and install MacOS Mojave on Virtualbox or Vmware Workstation.
In this article, you will learn two methods that help you to create a bootable USB installer for MacOS Mojave, the first method you might hear about TransMac and Unibeast software that allows us to create a bootable USB but for that, you have to install virtualization software then you can use that software.
And the second method I am going to show you the easy and best way that using a terminal you can copy MacOS Mojave to USB and you can create a bootable USB for Mojave.
- How to create MacOS High Sierra Bootable USB
- Create MacOS Catalina Bootable USB Installer
- How to Dual Boot MacOS Mojave with Windows 10
How to Create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer on Windows?
- At least 16GB USB Flash Drive
- Download MacOS Mojave from App Store with your Developer Account or Download MacOS Mojave one part file from Google Drive.
- Download TransMac Software – Password: soft98.ir
- How to Fix Google Drive Download Limit Error
Step 1: Install TransMac on your PC
Once you downloaded TransMac software and MacOS Mojave on your PC, after that, you have to install TransMac software in order to create a bootable USB Installer. therefore, follow the below steps and complete the installation.
- Open Download folder and find TransMac setup, afterward, double-click on the setup file.
- The first window will be welcome page, therefore, click Next.
- Agree to the terms of the license and click Next.
- If you want to change the default location then select a new location and go ahead.
- Create TransMac shortcuts icon on the Start Menu and desktop screen and go ahead.
- Click Next.
- Now the installation is ready to go, therefore, click on Install button.
- Wait for some minutes to complete the installation.
- The TransMac installed successfully on your PC, now click Finish.
Step 2: Create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer
Now you have TransMac software on your PC and you have downloaded MacOS Mojave dmg file, then it is time to start creating MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer on windows. before going to begin, make sure you have inserted 16GB USB Flash Drive on your PC then follow the below steps.
#1: To begin, Run TransMac as Administrator. therefore, right-click on the TransMac icon and click on Run As Administrator.
#2: While you run the TransMac then you will see the list of drives on the left side of the window. therefore, select the USB drive that you want to make a bootable for MacOS Mojave 10.14. Once you select it then right-click on the drive and click on Restore with Disk Image.
#3: Then, you will see the warning pop up window, here, simply click on Yes button to go ahead.
#4: Now, select the MacOS Mojave dmg file that you downloaded later, to select MacOS Mojave, click on three dots and select MacOS Mojave dmg file and click on OK.
#5: Again it will give you a warning, therefore, click on Yes button.
#6: Now wait for some minutes to format your USB Flash Drive and after that, it will copy MacOS Mojave on USB automatically.
Method 2: Use Terminal to Copy MacOS Mojave to USB Drive
The second method you will make a bootable USB for MacOS Mojave through Terminal, but before going to start, make sure you have MacOS Mojave dmg file, after that insert your USB flash drive and format it with Disk Utility. So, it means you have to create a USB partition.
However, you can copy MacOS Mojave dmg file to USB through software that I mentioned in method one but in second method you will copy MacOS Mojave to USB with the help of the terminal.
Step 1: Create a USB partition with Disk Utility
Before going to create a bootable USB for macOS Mojave using Terminal, you will need to create USB partition with disk utility. SO, it means you have to erase the USB flash drive. after that, you can able to create MacOS Mojave bootable USB Installer. therefore, follow the below steps to erase the USB and create a Partition.
- Firstly, connect 16GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- Now open Spotlight and search Disk Utility and run it.
- In disk utility, select your USB flash drive from the left side.
- Then, click on Erase from the top then give a Name, select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for Format, and select GUID Partition Map for Scheme. at last click Erase button.
- Now click on Done and close disk utility window.
Step 2: Copy MacOS Mojave to USB
Once you have created a USB Partition then here I will show you how you can use a terminal to copy MacOS Mojave to USB flash drive. although you have various kind of software that allows you to create a bootable MacOS Mojave. However, you can follow the first method but this method is easy and you don’t need to download and install any software. So, follow the below step and copy MacOS Mojave dmg file to a USB drive.
- #1: At the first step, open Spotlight and search Terminal and open it.
- #2: Now copy the below code and paste it in terminal and press return.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Untitled —applicationpath/Applications/Install\macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app —nointeraction
- #3: If the above code doesn’t work for you then copy and paste the below code and press return.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/USB –applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.14\ Beta.app
- #4: While you paste the code then it will ask you to type your user password, after that, type Y to continue.
- Now, wait for some minutes to copy the macOS Mojave to USB flash drive.
This is the second method, that you can make a bootable USB installer for MacOS Mojave with terminal and one line of code. So, I hope this method work for you and you haven’t get confusion.
Install MacOS Mojave on Virtualbox on Windows
Once you created MacOS Mojave bootable USB installer, then you have the best chance to test Mojave without installing on your original operating system. However, Virtualbox is one of the best virtualization software that you can install any Mac operating system easily but for that, you have to download a virtual machine image file. Without MacOS Mojave image file you cant install Mojave on Virtualbox. this platform is the best for Windows user because they don’t have any other solution to go with it. if you don’t know how to install MacOS Mojave on Virtualbox on windows the click on the below link and follow the steps.
- Related Article: How to install MacOS Mojave on Virtualbox on Windows
Install MacOS Mojave on VMware on Windows
Installing MacOS Mojave on Vmware is same with Virtualbox but to install a Mac operating system on VMware you need to install Vmware tools for Mojave then you need to create a new virtual machine and go on. However, for virtualization software, you need to download the operating system image file and you can download it from google drive then start the installation. So, follow the below link and learn the complete installation of macOS Mojave on VMware workstation using windows.
- Related Articles: Install macOS Mojave on Vmware on Windows
In this article, you have learned three methods on How to create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB Installer on Windows. So, follow one by one and check which one is working for you and tell me in the comment box. after that, you have to the instruction to install MacOS Mojave on Virtualbox and VMware. At last, if our article was helpful for you then feel free to put your feedback in the comment box.