How to Hard Reset New iPhone 12, Pro, and Pro Max?
Have you found unknown problems with your newly purchased iPhone 12? or something going wrong with your iPhone. Then, this article is for you, So, you have three methods to solve and clean your iPhone 12 such as (Soft Reset, Factory Reset, and Hard Reset). each of the following steps works differently and brings various changes to your mobile. In case, you are going to give your iPhone to someone else and you want to clean completely your iPhone then Hard Reset your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Most of the time you prefer hard reset when you feel your iPhone is not working the way you expect. You don’t want problems to be found on your iPhone and you are curious how to maintain and fix all those issues. However, your iPhone might have the following problems: answering or receiving phone calls, applications stuck, forgetting a password, slow access on several options, and many other common issues. So, resetting is the best way to restore and bring back your iPhone to its normal function. reset iPhone is like humans taking medicine to feel well.
In this article, you will find the three best methods to reset iPhone 12 any versions, therefore, follow the below steps and clean your iPhone. you don’t need to do any extra things simply select the method you want to move on and follow its steps.
What is Hard Reset and Why you need it?
Before moving on, you have to know what is a hard reset and why you need it. Also called a factory reset, it essentially resets your cellphone to the manner it was while you first purchased it. This method your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max could be formatted for the duration of the procedure & all data stored on it might be absolutely erased.
Actually, a hard reset is recommended when you are going to sell and pass it to someone, However, facing a common issue with your iPhone, you don’t need to hard reset it because it will erase all your data and you need to start from scratch. Therefore, simply restart your iPhone and fix the common issues.
Take heed, a hard reset & hard reboot are two various things. The method simply forcing your iPhone to do a reboot, while the former will reset it completely. So, you can find several methods to hard reset your iPhone 12 in this article.
What to do before resetting your iPhone 12?
As I mentioned resetting your iPhone will erase all your data including Apps, Documents, Photos, and other files. Therefore, before going to reset your iPhone 12, make sure you have created a backup of all your data.
To make a backup of your files, there are two best ways (iCloud and iTunes). So, moving on with iCloud will create a backup of all your data and files such as Apps data, Documents data, Photos, and many more. Remember, to back up your files on iCloud will need enough free space with a fast Wifi connection.
In case, you want to create a backup of your files with iTunes then you need to connect your iPhone with computer and iTunes must be installed on the accessing computer. After that, connect your iPhone with charging cable and backup your data on a computer.
Methods to Hard Reset iPhone 12
There are three best methods to reset your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. each step is handy for resetting your iPhone and I will explain all the methods below one by one. Therefore, follow the steps carefully and make sure you have created a backup of your data.
Method 1: Soft Reset
The first and easy method to reset your iPhone 12 is Soft reset. this method is recommended when your phone has a few problems and you things this is the minor problem, Therefore, soft reset your phone with the below steps and it will bring your iPhone to its normal functioning.
- Access to your iPhone 12.
- Now, press and hold the Power & Volume Up button (located at the side of your phone) together till the power off options appear.
- Then, Turn off your iPhone 12.
- After turning off your phone then restart it again by pressing the power button for a long time.
It was the soft reset steps and you see how easy it is. In case, you want to soft reset your phone inside settings then follow the below steps.
- Go to settings.
- After that, go to the General menu.
- Now, scroll down and find the Shut Down option and click on it.
- When your iPhone turned off then restart it again by pressing the Power button.
Method 2: Hard Reset iPhone 12
If with soft resetting your problems have not solved then try hard reset, actually, whenever you are facing multiple problems with your iPhone and you want to erase all the data then follow this method. in case, you want to sell and pass the phone to someone else then I prefer you to use this method.
- Take your iPhone 12.
- Then, press the Volume Up and press the Volume Down button.
- After that, press and hold the Power button.
- Keep holding until the Apple Logo appears.
Method 3: Factory Reset
In case you want to move on with the factory reset then follow the below steps. However, there are two steps to factory reset iPhone 12 (Resetting iPhone with iCloud or iTunes), with both steps you can factory reset but the most common and useful step is using iTunes though iCloud is much easier than iTunes. The purpose to select any of the following steps is, if you have created a backup of your data in iCloud then factory reset with iCloud or you have created a backup of your data in iTunes then you need to factory reset with iTunes. Although the procedure is the same but there will be minor differences.
- The first step to the manufacturing facility reset your mobile is to log in for your iCloud. For that, visit Settings then visit iCloud. Afterward, select the items you would love to lower back up, However, the most important record is Contacts, Notes, Photos, and Email. Once you choose the items then scroll right down to the iCloud Backup option. Click on the Back up Now choice. Note, to finish the process you need to join your iPhone with Wifi in any other case it won’t back up your documents.
- Once your documents sponsored up then visit Settings on the house screen and tap on General option, afterward, discover Reset choice and open it. So, to reset your iPhone click on Erase All Content and Settings option. After that, you’ll be asked to go into your password then click on on the Erase iPhone red choice that pops up in a bid to confirm.
- So, your iPhone has been manufacturing unit reset and now you have shown as soon as again, After that, you have to set all of the settings and packages because each previous putting is erased. Therefore, you have to pass from scratch.
Firstly, get the clue what problem your iPhone 12 has if it has minor issues then try to soft reset your iPhone. in case, the soft reset doesn’t help you then you can move on with hard reset. However, you can factory reset your iPhone if you want to clean all your data and you want to start from fresh. anyway, backup your all data because during the resetting you might lose your entire files.
[…] to protect privacy, you’d better reset your iPhone. AnyFix provides with two reset features, Hard Reset and 1-Click Reset, whether you remember your device password or […]