If you are a programmer and you want to create and develop new things for Mac, However, you are using windows and for windows programmer, we have various kinds of platforms where you can easily code and design any new thing. such as Virtual Studio Code is mostly used in Windows and many developers are coding in VS Code. But what about Mac Operating System, Therefore, in this article, I am going to show you how to install XCode on MacOS Mojave 10.14 using Windows.
Suppose you have installed MacOS Mojave on Virtualbox or Vmware using windows because you don’t have a Mac computer and you love to use Mac operating system, therefore, you installed MacOS on windows through Virtualization software. So, After that, you are looking for a great tool to develop an application or any other thing for Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Well, XCode developer is the best in Mac rather than all tools, therefore, I prefer you to download and install XCode and start your coding. it is easy to use and you can go with any projects, So, read the article top to toe and focus on each step in order to not face problems further.
What is XCode
Before going to install XCode on MacOS Mojave you have to know a little about XCode that what is XCode? Well, XCode is a development tool that developed by Apple to develop software for macOS like iOS devices, watchOS, and tvOS. Although you have other development tools to develop software, XCode is very handy and it is well-known since the first release. because when the latest version has released then every tool become easier to use and programmer prefer XCode rather than other development tools.
- Developed: By Apple.
- License: Freeware with open-source components.
- Stable Release: Xcode 10.3 (10G8) (July 22, 2019; 2 months ago).
- Operating System: macOS.
- Developer: Apple Inc.
Some Handy XCode Features
- Swift UI: The next improvement of XCode is SwiftUI, it is a huge announcement in this year. However, SwiftUI is a new framework where you can easily create layouts using swift code. Moreover, XCode shows you a real app such as an interface viewer side by side while you edit the swift file.
- Minimap: Minimap is an awesome feature that looks at the left of XCode and it will take you quickly to a specific part of your code. Minimap is much needed when you have a long code in XCode.
- Rich Documentation: The other improvement of XCode is Rich Documentation, well the documentation looks nice in XCode.
- Inline Diff: XCode provides an improved UI to show changes in each line of code based on version control.
Other XCode Features:
- Swift Package Manager
- Transform iPad Apps to Mac
- Debugging and Simulators
- Interface Builder
- Source Editor
- Command Line Tools
Install XCode on MacOS Mojave using Windows
Now you get the idea about XCode after that you have to know more about it, before going to install XCode you have to do a little thing on your windows PC. However, you are a windows user and you know we can’t run the Mac app on windows operating system but you have some platforms that allow you to use a Mac operating system and Mac apps. therefore, you have to download and install virtualization software such as Virtualbox and Vmware workstation. once you install one of those virtual machines then download the MacOS Mojave image file, remember without an image file you will not be able to install MacOS Mojave on the virtual machine. So, the MacOS installation on a virtual machine is quite different and every user doesn’t know how to install it.
Well, if you want to install macOS Mojave on Virtualbox using your Windows PC then click on the link and you will get all the instructions and details. but I recommend you install MacOS Mojave on Vmware because Vmware is the best software and you can install it easily.
Now Install XCode on MacOS Mojave with below Steps
- Once you installed MacOS Mojave on Virtualbox or Vmware Workstation then follow the below steps.
- Run MacOS Mojave and open App Store then search XCode and press Enter.
- Afterward, you will see the XCode appear on the screen then click on the Get button.
- Now wait for the Xcode to download and it will take a while to complete the downloading.
- While the XCode is downloaded then run the application.
- After that, the XCode and iOS SDK’s License Agreement will appear, therefore, click on agree and it will ask you to provide your password.
- To install the XCode you need to close the application, Therefore, click on Quit all and Continue.
- To complete the installation type your user password and click on Install Software.
- Wait for a while to complete the installation, Once the application is installed then it will open automatically.
- How to install MacOS Mojave on Hackintosh
- Perform a Clean Installation of MacOS Mojave
- How to Create MacOS Mojave Bootable USB
- How to Dual Boot MacOS Mojave with Windows 10
- Download MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 Beta 5
As you get how much the installation is easy on MacOS Mojave, So, I hope you get everything and if you get any kind of confusion or question then feel free to ask me in the comment box.