If you are using any MacOS version whether it is MacOS Mojave, MacOS Catalina, MacOS High Sierra, or any other Operating system. and you have a ton of data in the Mac trash but you want to delete a single file among all files. However, you can delete the entire files only using one button but using the handy feature you will trash the selected file without deleting entire trash. this feature is helpful for you to select a single file and delete it without losing all the files. So, in this article, I am going to guide you How to Delete a Single File from Trash on Any Mac Version.
Suppose, you are using macOS Catalina which is the latest version of the Mac Operating system and this Operating System has tons of features that are handy and easy to use. So far, if you haven’t install MacOS Catalina then go ahead and use it. Moreover, if you have more than thousand files in the trash but you want to delete a single file from trash on Mac and the file size is 5GB, So, you can target that specific file to delete right away while ignoring all the other files which are located in the trash. Therefore, we will use this handy feature called “delete immediately from trash”.
This feature is very easy to use and you can use it on any Mac Operating system version, if you have Catalina, Mojave, or etc then this method will work for you. you don’t need to search any more simply apply the below method.
How to Delete a Single File from Trash on Any Mac Version
In this article, I will show you two methods that you can delete a selected file from trash and both methods are easy. the first method you will delete a file with the feature called “Delete Immediately” and the second method you will learn how to delete a file using “Terminal”. So, focus on each method and these two methods are the only way where you can delete a single file from trash on any Mac version.
Delete File with Delete Immediately Feature
- Firstly, open the Trash folder from the Dock.
- Now, select the individual file or single file you want to delete from trash on Mac without deleting all files.
- While you select a single file then right-click on the selected file and click on the Delete Immediately option.
- Afterward, it will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the file immediately. Therefore, click on the Delete option.
- So, if you want to delete any other file then follow the same method.
Delete File using Terminal
As you learn to delete a file from trash on Mac with Delete Immediately feature and you see with a few steps you are able to do to that. Now, here I will show you how to delete a file using the terminal and this method is very easy and you can delete a file one by one.
- Open the Trash folder from the Dock.
- Then, open Terminal from the Dock or go to Spotlight and search Terminal and press Enter key.
- After that, type rm (means remove) and drag and drop the file you want to delete using Terminal, you can see on the screenshot below, therefore, do it the same.
- While you drag and drop the file then you will have the command shown below in the screenshot. after that, press Enter to delete a file. remember, after rm command you have to give space as it is shown in the picture.
- You can apply the same steps for another file if you want to delete the more selected file then follow the same method and delete one by one.
- How to Control Mac with Any iPhone version
- How to Run Mac Apps on Windows 10 PC
- Use Console MacOS To Check Log And Activities
Mac operating system is quite difficult because it has more features and it is totally different from Windows Operating system, therefore, Mac user doesn’t know about Mac operating system and they are curious to know more about it features and usage. However, one of them is How to delete a single file from trash on Mac which is very important for a user to delete the individual file or to delete a large file.
Therefore, in this article, you learn two best methods that work for all Mac versions, it doesn’t depend on which Mac version you are using but you can apply it on any Mac version. So, I hope you enjoy and if the article was helpful for you then don’t forget to give your feedback. or if you have any question then feel free to ask me in the comment box.