How to Install MacOS Catalina 10.15 on PC-Hackintosh | Step by Step
You all know after MacOS Mojave Apple announced their new and amazing operating system on WWDC 2019 called MacOS Catalina 10.15, However, MacOS Catalina has more user than MacOS Mojave because of its handy features which are amazing for users. Although, the MacOS Catalina public beta was released and it means now you can install macOS Catalina 10.15 on PC-Hackintosh or PC-Macintosh. to install macOS Catalina on Hackintosh is complicated but it will be a great experience for new user to go with it. However, for the new user, it will be tough and confusion but don’t worry here I will guide you everything clearly.
Before going to install MacOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh, here I will let you now that you can install Catalina on different platforms without installing it on Hackintosh. like you have various virtualization software such as Virtualbox, Vmware Workstation pro, and Hyper-v. but due to Apple releases the public beta that’s why people are curious to install it on their PC Hackintosh. However, installing Catalina on virtualization software will be the easy task and simple, just you need to download MacOS Catalina dmg file for a virtual machine. if you want to know more about the installation of MacOS 10.15 Catalina on virtualization software then follow the link in this article.
The mean reason that people prefer MacOS Catalina more than MacOS Mojave because of its new and helpful features. Apple included tons of features and function on macOS Catalina and those features are (improvements to bundled apps like safari, photos, reminders, and notes, the splitting of iTunes into several new apps, and some intriguing new features and capabilities that bundle well with IOS 13 on iPad) and the most useful feature is SideCar that you can use your iPad as a second screen display for MacOS Catalina.
Does Installing MacOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh is good decision?
Of course yes, if you have Hackintosh PC and you know MacOS Catalina 10.15 public beta was released and now you can download MacOS Catalina from developer account in case if you have Apple ID. However, you have other platforms where you can install Catalina easily but those platforms will not work properly and for that, you have to download MacOS Catalina dmg file otherwise you will not be able to complete the procedure. That’s why I recommend you to install MacOS Catalina 10.15 on your PC Hackintosh.
For a new user, those who are installing MacOS Catalina on PC Hackintosh will be a good experience and somehow it will be tough for them to complete the installation because they don’t know and they don’t have the idea how to install Catalina. don’t be panic, in this article you will learn each and everything related to MacOS Catalina installation on Hackintosh. Therefore, follow the steps and read top to toe in order to not face problems during the installation of MacOS Catalina 10.15.
How to Install MacOS Catalina 10.15 on PC-Hackintosh?
To install MacOS Catalina you will need to download the below requirements file, after that, with a few steps you can install Catalina completely.
- Download macOS Catalina 10.15 dmg file.
- Download Post EFI
- Bootloader or Pre-EFI Download Link
- Download Realtek ALC235 Audio Kext complete file – Mediafire
- Download Realtek RTL8111 Ethernet Kext complete file – Mediafire
- Post-install folder for macOS Catalina 10.15 Download Link
Before going to the next step you have to prepare the below requirements.
- 16 GB USB Flash Drive for MacOS Catalina
- Create Bootable USB Installer of macOS 10.15 Catalina
- 4 GB USB Flash Drive for Post Installation Files
Step 1: Download MacOS Catalina dmg File
You have two ways to download MacOS Catalina 10.15 DMG file.
- If you have developer account then you can download MacOS Catalina from App store.
- or download MacOS Catalina dmg file without developer account. Direct Link
In case if you have developer account then for sure you can download MacOS Catalina public beta from the app store, if you don’t have developer account then you have to download MacOS Catalina dmg file from a direct link.
However, if you want to download MacOS Catalina with your developer account from Apple store then go ahead and download it. Once you downloaded from app store then the file will be added directly to the App Utilities but those who are downloading the MacoOS Catalina from here then you have to copy and paste it inside the App Utilities or Launcher because it will be needed to create a bootable USB for MacOS Catalina 10.15.
Step 2: Create a Bootable USB for MacOS Catalina 10.15
#1: To create a bootable USB for MacOS Catalina you have to prepare at least 16 GB USB for MacOS Catalina dmg file.
#2: After that, insert the USB to your computer and click on Go > Utilities. the other way, use Command key + space for the spotlight and search Disk Utility then press Enter key.
#3: Now select the USB drive and click on Erase option, after that give a Name, select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for Format, and select GUID Partition Map for Scheme. Afterward, click on the Erase button. Now wait for a few seconds and click on Done then close the Disk utility.
#4: Now open the Spotlight and search Terminal, after that, copy the below code and paste it there and press Enter key, then you will be asked to provide your password, therefore, type your password and press Enter key. Once you press the enter key then it will ask you to Enter Y key for confirmation, so press Y key and wait for a few minutes.
sudo /Applications/install\ macOS\ 10.15\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createomstallmedia --Volume /Volumes/USB
Step 3: Install Clover Configurator
- Download the Clover Configurator from the above link.
- Now select the Mount EFI option from the left side of the window.
- After that, Select the EFI on install MacOS Catalina 10.15 beta and click on Mount Partition.
- Enter your Password that you logged in.
- Click Done.
- Once you mounted EFI partition then an EFI folder will be generated automatically to your desktop.
- Now open EFI external folder.
- Copy the EFI file into the external folder.
- You have pasted the EFI file successfully, now Eject the external EFI folder. Therefore, right-click on the EFI folder and click on the Eject All.
- Glad to see you in this step, as you have done everything properly till here and you created the EFI file of MacOS Catalina in a USB drive. Now you are ready to install MacOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh but before going to install Catalina you have to copy all fixes files and drivers to a separate USB drive.
Step 4: Create a Post-Installation USB Drive
as I mentioned above that you have to prepare 4GB of USB drive for post-installation files, therefore, insert the USB drive and click on Go and click on Utilities. After that, open Disk Utility folder.
Now select the USB from the left side of the window that you inserted later and click on Erase option from the top-handed panel. After that, follow the below settings.
- Select a Name for USB.
- Then for Format select Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
- And select GUID Partition Map for Scheme.
- Now click on the Erase button.
- Wait for a minute and click on Done.
- At last, close the Disk utility folder.
- Once the partition is done, then copy and paste all the fixes drivers into the Post-Install USB drive and Eject the USB drive folder. to eject the driver right click on the USB drive and click on Eject all option.
Step 5: Configure BIOS settings
Here, I tell you that without changing the BIOS setting you will not be able to install MacOS Catalina on your PC, therefore you have to bring some changes to the BIOS setting. for that, restart your computer and press the BIOS setting key. remember, you have to find your computer BIOS key.
#1: After that, go to Save and Edit menu tab then selects Load Optimized Defaults and press Enter, then you will be asked to select Yes button, therefore, select Yes and press enter.
#2: Once again click Save and Edit setup on the same page and click Yes, after that your computer will restart automatically and once your computer restarted then press BIOS setting key.
#3: Now click on the M.I.T menu tab and select the first option and press Enter key.
#4: Once you press enter key then you will see the below screenshot, here select Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) and press enter key, then select Profile1 and press enter key.
#5: Now go ahead and click on the Peripherals menu tab and select the USB Configuration and press Enter Key.
#6: on the same page, select XHCI Hand-off and Enabled this option by pressing the enter key.
#7: Go ahead and click on Chipset menu tab and Disabled VT-d option by press the enter key.
#8: The BIOS Setting for MacOS Catalina has done successfully, now go to Save and Edit menu tab and select the first option and press enter key then Click on Yes button for confirmation.
Step 6: Install MacOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh
As you have done the BIOS setting and now it is time to start the installation of MacOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh, so, before going to install macOS Catalina insert the created bootable USB to your PC and restart your computer. Once your computer restarted then press the Boot menu key. Afterward, you will see the drives list that will appear and now select whether you want to boot MacOS Catalina from USB or CD/DVD., of course, you are going to boot MacOS Catalina from USB, therefore, select the USB drive and go ahead.
#1: Once you selected the USB Bootable drive then you will be in Clover Bootloader window, therefore, select boot MacOS install from installing MacOS 10.15 Beta, So, press Enter to Boot.
#2: After that, in MacOS Utilities choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
#3: Now, go to View menu tab and click on Show all devices.
#4: Afterward, select the USB that you want to boot MacOS Catalina and click on Erase option from the top menu. then give a Name to the USB, select APFS for Format, and select GUID Partition Map for Scheme and click on Erase button and wait to complete the partition and click on Done. at last close the disk utility folder.
#5: Now select Install macOS and click on continue.
#6: Go ahead by clicking on the Continue button.
#7: Read the agreement and agree to the terms and conditions of MacOS Catalina and click on Continue.
#8: Now you are going to install Catalina, therefore, select the drive that you have formatted for MacOS Catalina and press Install. So, it will take time and wait for that, once that MacOS Catalina is installed successfully then your computer will restart automatically.
- How to install MacOS Catalina on Virtualbox on Windows
- Install MacOS Catalina on Vmware on Windows
- How to install MacOS Catalina Beta on APFS Volume to Dual Boot with Mojave
Step 7: Boot MacOS Catalina from Macintosh HD
While your computer restarted then press and hold the Boot menu key and again Boot MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta from a USB drive. Therefore, from the Boot loader menu will come, you have to boot MacOS install from Macintosh HD.
#1: While you select the USB Drive then select Boot MacOS install from Macintosh HD and press Enter then wait for a few minutes to complete the boot installation. Once it is done then your computer will restart automatically.
#2: again press and hold boot menu key and select the USB drive where you want to boot MacOS Catalina then press enter key.
#3: you are in the last step of MacOS Catalina installation, therefore, once you select the USB drive then once again boot MacOS from Macintosh HD and press enter to boot.
#4: Now you are in the first installation window, so, select your country and continue.
- Go Ahead and continue
- If you want to connect your computer to the internet then go ahead if you don’t want then select my computer doesn’t connect to the internet and click continue.
- On data and privacy click continue.
- Select don’t transfer any information right now and click continue.
- If you have Apple ID and want to sign in then provide your Apple ID detail if you don’t have Apple ID then click on Sign up later and click skip.
- Read the agreement and agree to the terms and condition.
- Now, create a computer account
- Give a full Name.
- Type your account Name.
- provide your password.
- and give a password hint
- Click Continue.
- In the next step, click Continue on Express Set up.
- Go ahead and continue.
- Click continue for the screen time.
- Here, you will have three looks mode, so, select one of them and continue.
- Now, wait for the setting up your MacOS Catalina for the first use.
Step 8: Post-Installation Guidance
You have installed macOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh successfully, now, you have to do a little more steps to complete the full installation. Therefore, go to Finder and click Preferences and check the below boxes, once you checked the boxes then you will see all the hard disk on the desktop screen.
- #1: Now insert your Post-Install USB drive to your computer and open the drive, after that, copy the two folders and paste it on your desktop. once the folders have been copied then eject the Post-Install USB drive.
- #2: Then open Post-Install folder that you copied on your desktop and run Clover configurator.
- #3: After that, click on the Mount EFI from the left side of the window and Mount both EFI. Click on the first Mount EFI option and provide your password, then click on the second Mount EFI option and provide your password.
- #4: Once you mounted both EFI then two folders will be created on your desktop screen by the name of EFI.
- #5: So, open EFI partition of the system drive and delete the EFI file.
- #6: After that, open the EFI partition of USB drive and copy the EFI file from a USB drive and paste it into EFI partition of the system drive.
- #7: Finally, eject the EFI USB drive folder.
- #8: Here, you have to open all the fixes drivers such as Audio, Ethernet, Graphics, and other drivers to start installing.
- #9: Now, open Ethernet folder and open Kext utility then provide your password, afterward, it will take some time to complete the installation.
- #10: Then, drag the Atheros file into Kext utility and enter your password.
- #11: Drag the Audio fix, VoodooHDA file into Kext utility and enter your password.
Now, all the drivers installed completely and you need to restart your computer. So, it means you have installed MacOS Catalina 10.15 on PC-Hackintosh successfully and you can run Catalina now and enjoy its features and functions.
- How to install MacOS Catalina on Macbook Pro and Air
- Install MacOS Catalina on External Drive
- Install macOS Catalina Public Beta right now
The installation of MacOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh is quite lengthy and somehow difficult but you don’t need to be confused. Simply, follow step by step and read each and everything then I am sure you will get all the steps and you can easily install Catalina on your PC. Therefore, if the article was helpful then don’t forget to give your feedback and subscribe to our blog for more interesting articles.