How to Upgrade to MacOS Catalina Latest Version?
Hello, in this article, I am going to show you How to Upgrade to MacOS Catalina Latest Version? However, MacOS Catalina is one of the greatest Operating systems so far including tons of new features that Apple announced on WWDC 2019. The new MacOS Catalina release was having tons of bugs and errors that users face after installing on Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, and on virtual machines. Although Apple’s Operating systems have problems with applications and settings, afterward Apple will fix bugs and errors on the next version of Mac OS. Therefore, Apple has launched the second major replace to the sixteenth model of MacOS. Released earlier this week, MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 includes support for far off music manage in your iPhone; malicious program fixes in Mail, Music, and Photos; UI enhancements in Apple News; and some of smaller bugs and app troubles addressed.
Although there is nothing drastically new in the package, there is anecdotal proof that the update addresses some of the software troubles that have been present in Catalina, such as the popping sound coming from the speakers within the new 16-inch MacBook Pro. That makes this an obvious replacement to those who’ve hooked up Catalina or purchased a brand new Mac with the OS.
For those who have installed the new release of MacOS Catalina 10.15 on Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro or on Virtual machines like Virtualbox and Vmware. So, they can upgrade to the latest version of MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 that released a few days ago. However, the new version of Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 has fixed many bugs and problems although there are no extra features added by Apple on the new released. Therefore, you can easily update MacOS Catalina to the latest version from System Preferences.
The question is should I upgrade MacOS Catalina to the latest version? Yes, upgrading Mac OS Catalina to new version 10.15.2 will be an enthusiasm for users. Moreover, they won’t countenance with bugs and errors they had. So, let’s know more about macOS Catalina 10.15.2 changes and updates.
New Changes on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
The macOS Catalina 10.15.2 replace improves the stability, reliability and overall performance of your Mac and is usually recommended for all users. This replace adds the subsequent changes to the new version of Mac OS Catalina. Therefore, the below lists are the new changes you can check and get the clue. Moreover, you can check MacOS Catalina 10.15 New Features.
- Apple News: New format for Apple News+ tales from The Wall Street Journal and other main newspapers.
- Stocks: Get links to related testimonies or more stories from the identical publication at the end of an article. “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories. Stories from Apple News are now to be had in Canada in English and French This update also includes the subsequent trojan horse fixes and improvements.
- Music: Restores the column browser view for handling the music library, Resolves trouble that could prevent album paintings from performing and fixes the trouble that may reset tune equalizer settings all through playback.
- iTunes Remote: Adds aid for the usage of an iPhone or iPad to remotely control the Music and TV apps on a Mac.
- Photos: Resolves a problem that could motive some .AVI and .MP4 files to appear as unsupported, Fixes trouble that stops newly created folders from performing in Albums view, Addresses a difficulty in which manually sorted photos in an album may be revealed or exported out of order and Fixes a difficulty that stops the zoom-to-crop tool from working in a print preview
- Mail: Addresses an issue that could cause Mail Preferences to open with a clean window and Resolves an issue that could prevent the use of undoing from retrieving deleted mail.
- Other: Improves the reliability of syncing books and audiobooks for your iPad or iPhone via Finder, Fixes trouble in which reminders can be out of order inside the Today clever list within the Reminders app and Resolves a difficulty which could cause sluggish typing performance in the Notes app.
You can Upgrade Mac OS Catalina on
You can run MacOS Catalina on the below computers, Therefore, if you want to update MacOS Catalina to the new version 10.15.2 then check your system that can support MacOS Catalina.
- Mac Pro: Late 2013 models and onwards.
- iMac Pro: All models.
- iMac: Late 2012 models and onwards.
- Mac Mini: Late 2012 models and onwards.
- MacBook Pro: Mid 2012 models and onwards.
- MacBook Air: Mid 2012 models and onwards.
- and MacBook: Early 2015 models and onwards.
What to do before Upgrading to MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
Let’s know what to do before upgrading to the new version of MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, as you are here to get the clue about the new MacOS Catalina version although you learn much more about the latest version of Mac OS Catalina. However, upgrading OS to the new version will be risky you might lose your data during the process or you might face problems. Therefore, the below steps are important to be done before going to upgrade Mac OS Catalina.
#1: Make a Backup
Before updating or installing any Operating system on your computer, it will be good to make a backup of your data, files, and system details. the main reason behind making a backup is, we can’t give a guarantee of the newly released version because it might have some bugs and errors no one has the clue. in this case, it will be better to make a backup of all your files and data.
However, you have various methodologies to make a backup of your files although you can use Time Machine or the built-in backup feature of your Mac PC to automatically back up all of your files including apps, music, pictures, Email, Documents, and system files. When you make a backup of all the data then you can restore files from your backup if the original files ever deleted from your computer or the hard disk or SSD in your Mac is erased or replaced.
#2: Connect your Mac to the Internet
Once you make a backup of your data then make sure you have a fast internet connection to complete the process in a short period of time. However, downloading the new version of MacOS Catalina will take a long time to be downloaded although, during the installation of MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, you will need a fast internet connection to complete the installation as soon as possible.
#3: Clean up your Mac
You need to loosen up some space for your new macOS. Even if you have enough, strolling a cleanup is a pleasing manner to begin a clutter-loose lifestyle in Catalina. From redundant apps to caches and leftovers, you may do away with any unnecessary gadgets with CleanMyMac X.
Make certain that your Mac has at the least 12.5GB loose space. If you do now not have sufficient room, make room. You can check your to be had storage through going to Apple menu > About This Mac, then click on Storage. You can click on the Manage button to open Storage Management. If you want more space, you may want to delete antique and unused apps, empty Trash, compress big files, etc. This may even accelerate your Mac.
Download MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 Update
In case you want to download the new version of MacOS Catalina then you can download it from the below link. However, the file size is 2.8GB and you will get MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 dmg file although you can use MacOS Catalina DMG file to install MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 on virtual machines.
- Download MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
- Download MacOS Catalina DMG, VMDK, and Image File
- Or Download MacOS Catalina Image File for Virtualbox and VMware
Upgrade Mac OS Cataline to the latest version
Now, it is time to update MacOS Catalina on Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, or Virtual machines. the method will work on all system platforms. it will be very easy to upgrade MacOS Catalina 10.15 to MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, However, if you are using MacOS Catalina 10.15 then you might get the software update notification. finally, to update MacOS Catalina follows the below instructions.
- Launch your current MacOS Catalina.
- Go to Apple Logo located at the left-top corner of the page.
- On the Apple logo, you will see System Preferences and App store options on the drop-down menu. However, you can update to MacOS Catalina the latest version from both options. But all of our software updates are under System Preferences if you have updated to certain MacOS.
- Once you are on system preferences then find Software Updates option, here you will get a software update notification. if you have software update notification then click the option and upgrade to Mac OS Catalina. Otherwise, you can find the update on the App Store.
- Anyways, go to Software Update and you will see the new version of MacOS Catalina 10.15.2.
- Here, you will get the new update of MacOS Catalina, So, if you click on More Info then you will get the installation option (It means you can install MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, Make Sure your Mac has free space for new macOS Catalina Update).
You can read all the new changes and features of MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 although you can install a new update of MacOS Catalina on your Mac using Install Now option. However, in this case, we will need to upgrade Mac OS Catalina. Therefore, close this page.
- Once, you close the above page then click the Update Now option. as I mentioned, you should have a fast internet connection to upgrade MacOS Catalina in a short period of time.
therefore, the updating will take 30 minutes in case you have a fast connection. at last, you will be asked to Restart your Mac to complete the updating procedure.
When you restart your Mac then go to Apple Logo -> About this Mac and check your Mac OS version. However, with the help of these steps, you will update your Mac OS to MacOS Catalina 10.15.2. Finally, you have updated your MacOS to MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 successfully.
Upgrade MacOS Mojave to MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
If you are running MacOS Mojave and you want to update to the new version of MacOS Catalina then you can do it with the below steps.
- Start your MacOS Mojave.
- Go to Apple Logo -> System Preferences although all system update is under system preferences.
- Now, find Software Update and open the folder.
- Here you will see the new update of Mac OS which is MacOS Catalina 10.15.2. therefore, click the Upgrade Now option.
- Once you click upgrade now, then Mac will start downloading the MacOS Catalina. it will take a long time and it will depend on your internet connection.
- When the MacOS Catalina is downloaded then you will see the MacOS Catalina Installer. here, click Continue to set up the installation of MacOS Catalina.
- On the next step, you have to agree to the terms of software, therefore, click the agree button to go ahead.
- After that, MacOS Catalina will be installed on the disk “Macintosh HD”. Therefore, click the Install button to install the new version of MacOS Catalina. you will be asked to enter your admin password.
- Now, the installation will start and you have to wait for a while to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is done then it will ask you to restart your system. Finally, restart your Mac.
When you restart your Mac then go to Apple Logo -> about this Mac and check the Mac OS version. at last, you upgrade MacOS Mojave to MacOS Catalina successfully.
If you want to upgrade MacOS Mojave to MacOS Catalina on VMware then check our article.
- Create a Bootable USB for MacOS Catalina on Windows
- Fix MacOS Catalina Wifi Problems
- How to Downgrade from MacOS Catalina to MacOS Mojave
- How to Install macOS Catalina on PC-Hackintosh
That’s all about MacOS Catalina’s new version and you learn the method to upgrade Mac OS Catalina to the latest version. Moreover, you get the idea on upgrade MacOS Mojave to MacOS Catalina. However, you have to update MacOS Catalina to the new version 10.15.2 because you won’t face any bugs and errors anymore.
So, if our article was helpful to you then please give your positive feedback and if you get any kind of question then feel free to ask me in the comment box.