How to Fix MacOS Catalina Wifi Problems on Mac and Virtual Machines?
Have you installed MacOS Catalina on Virtualbox or Vmware? Or you might upgrade your Mac to MacOS Catalina 10.15 which is the new version of MacOS released by Apple company. After installing or updating to MacOS Catalina then you might face some problems. this is not common, in a row, every version of Mac OS has issues after releasing by Apple and I hope Apple will fix it soon. However, some users mentioned that they are facing problems with wifi is not working on Mac OS although there are some common issues like login problems, finder problems, Email problems, and many more issues. So, if you are one of them then you are in a good place, Therefore, I will show you How to Fix MacOS Catalina Wifi Problems.
However, MacOS Catalina 10.15 is the new release of Apple company which announced on the World Wide Developers Conference 2019 then Apple released it to the public in September 2019. Apple worked a lot on the new version of Mac and it included many new features on MacOS Catalina 10.15. Therefore, I recommend you to install or upgrade your Mac to MacOS Catalina. If you want to try the operating system then Virtualization software is the best platform to install any Mac operating systems.
Apple has released many handy Operating systems and all of them have some common issues whether MacOS Mojave, MacOS Catalina 10.15, macOS High Sierra, MacOS X El Capitan, and other versions of Mac OS. So, you don’t have to ignore it but try to fix the problems and enjoy the Mac OS Version. Moreover, I will show you to fix the problems on Virtualbox as I installed MacOS Catalina on Virtual Machine but you can apply the same method on Macbook, Mackintosh, or Mac PC.
How to Fix MacOS Catalina 10.15 Wifi Problems?
Here, I will show you step by step how to fix wifi is not working on MacOS Catalina. so, there will be 5 steps and you need to pay attention to each step to get a positive result.
Step 1: Check Network Cark Installed on MacOS Catalina
Firstly, you have to check all network cards installed on MacOS Catalina and checking the network settings will give you solutions.
- To check the network card, go to Apple Logo -> About this Mac.
- Then, click the System Report to get all the network hardware information.
- On the system report screen, click on Wifi located under the network section. Once you click on Wifi then all the network details will appear on the screen.
- Now, check MAC Address Field and if you find the wifi address then it means the address is available.
Step 2: Delete Wifi PLIST Files
So, MAC Address is available on your MacOS Catalina, after that, you need to repair Wifi system files. Therefore, refresh all Wifi plist files from Mac system Configuration.to find system configuration on MacOS Catalina is a very easy task.
- First of all, Open Finder and click on the Go menu from the top of the window.
- Then, click the Go to Folder option.
- Here, you have to enter the system configuration path that shown on the screenshot and click the Go button.
- Now, you are on System Configuration folder, here, click the button to show you all network Plist files.
- Select the network files shown on the screenshot and make a backup of the files by creating a new folder. afterward, move the files to the Trash. then, delete the files from the Trash or Bin folder.
- Now, you need to restart your MacOS Catalina, restarting the computer will create a new Network plist files that will fix all problems most of the time.
Step 3: Remove and Add new Wifi Service
Your MacOS Catalina has created a new plist files on system configuration, now, you need to remove and add wifi service on MacOS Catalina. let’s delete old default Wifi service and add new Wifi service under system preference network settings.
- To remove and add new Wifi service, go to Apple Logo -> System Preferences.
- Here, you will see several MacOS Catalina applications but you have to open the Network option.
- Now, select Wifi from the left side of the page and click the nimbus sign to delete it.
- After that, click on Plus Sign to add a new wifi service ourselves.
- Here, select Wifi from the interface drop-down menu and give service name as I gave Wifi 2. afterward, click the Create button.
- Now, select the new wifi service from the left side of the window and click the Advanced option.
- Here, tap on TCP IP and click the Renew DHCP Lease and click the Apply button. afterward, you will get an updated IPV 4 address, subnet mask, and Router address.
- The next step is to tap on the DNS option and here you have to add new DNS servers, therefore, click on Plus Sign and type 188.8.131.52 then click the Plus Sign and type 184.108.40.206.
- At last, step, jump to Hardware option and select Manually for Configure and select Custom for MTU with 1453 Value. then click OK button and click the Apply button to save the new wifi service for MacOS Catalina.
Step 4: Add New Wifi Profile
On step 4, create a new profile with your custom name and renew DHCP Lease without deleting Wifi Service. Therefore, go to the Network option from System Preferences.
- To find Network option, go to Apple Logo -> System Preferences.
- Here, find out the Network option and click on it.
- Now, select the Wifi option from the left side of the window and click the Locations and click the Edit Location.
- Then, click the Plus Sign to give another Wifi name and click the Done button.
- After you edit location then select the Wifi connection from the left side of the window and click the Advanced button. here, remove all unknown wifi names by selecting the unknown wifi name which are iPhone, iPhone x, and TP_ITECHSOFT then click on Minus sign.
- Now, tap the TCP/IP option and click the Renew DHCP Lease to get the new IPv4 Address, Subnet Mask, and Router.
- Again jump to DNS option and add new DNS Servers. to do that, click the Plus Sign and type 220.127.116.11 and again click the Plus Sign and type 18.104.22.168.
- Then, go to Hardware option and by default Automatically is selected for Configure. therefore, select Manually for configure and select Custom for MTU with 1453 value.
- At last, click the Ok button and click the Apply button to save all the settings. after that, go to your favorite browser and test wifi speed on the Speedtest website. This method worked for me 100% and I got a huge success that I boost after changing Google DNS address.
Step 5: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on MacOS Catalina
I hope the above steps fixed your macOS Catalina Wifi problems, So, at last, reset NVRAM or PRAM because of the Mac RAM store some information such as network details, Bluetooth, USB, and many other details. to reset MacOS Catalina RAM turn off your Mac computer. Then turn on your MacOS Catalina then quickly press and hold option, Command and P and the R key at once until you see startup sound the second time. afterward, release this key and enter Mac Password to use it normally.
- How to Install XCode on MacOS Catalina
- Run Windows 10 in macOS Catalina on Virtualbox
- How to Use and Enable Voice Control in MacOS Catalina
- Delete a Single File from Trash on Mac
MacOS Catalina 10.15 has several problems and you have to fix it one by one. as in this article, I guide you about Wifi is not working on MacOS Catalina. The steps will work 100%, therefore, if our article was helpful to you then please give your feedback and if there is any mistake or questions then feel free to ask me in the comment box.