If you are looking to run Windows 10 in MacOS Catalina then you have to install Virtualization software on your MacOS Catalina PC because you are going to install Windows 10 in MacOS Catalina 10.15 then without Virtualbox or Vmware, you can’t install any operating system within another OS. However, you can’t run two operating systems on main hardware at a time without any software, therefore, Virtualization software (Virtualbox and Vmware) allows you to run multiple operating systems at a time. it means, if you are using Mac operating system and you want to run Windows 10 OS then you have to Download and install Virtualbox on your PC and download Windows 10 ISO file for a virtual machine. afterward, create a virtual machine and for further steps follow this article.
Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft Windows and now Windows 10 November 2019 update is in stock and you can update your Windows 10 to the latest update. However, the latest version has tons of features like Cortana on Desktop, Xbox App, Tablet Switch, Action center, and many more. this time Microsoft included many new functions and features that were missing in Windows 7 and 8 for Windows users. As you know the founder of Microsoft Windows Bill Gates has announced that there won’t be any update for windows 7 and it means windows 7 will be no more with us till 2020. But after windows 10 there won’t be any new Windows operating system version like you might think we will have Windows 11 OS. No, Microsoft Founder said, there won’t be any new version after Windows 10 but we will update the current operating system for users.
Although MacOS Catalina 10.15 is the latest version of Mac and this time Apple has included many new features that MacOS Mojave doesn’t have. if we take one of the feature called SideCar, well, the SideCar feature allows you to make the iPad as a second screen display and even you can run your iPad apps on MacOS Catalina. Moreover, you can control your MacOS Catalina with your Apple watch feature. So, there are many other features that are handy for Mac users although you can run the Mac apps on Windows 10. Anyway, let’s start our procedure and follow the steps to run Windows 10 in MacOS Catalina with a free Emulator.
How to Run Windows 10 in MacOS Catalina with a Free Emulator?
To run Windows 10 in MacOS Catalina is very complicated and you will learn easy steps to complete the installation of Windows 10 in MacOS Catalina. So, there will be five steps to complete the article and be attentive in order to not face problems during the installation of Windows 10.
Step 1: Download Windows 10 ISO file
However, you re going to install Windows 10 in macOS Catalina through Virtualbox, in this case, you will need to download Windows 10 installation disk Image. the ISO file is free and you can download it from its official website.
To Create and download Windows 10 ISO file follow the below steps.
- Go to Windows 10 official website.
- After that, click on the Download Tool Now and wait for the file to be downloaded.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and click on the Yes button.
- Wait for a while to get a few things ready.
- Now Accept the Microsoft terms by clicking on the Accept button.
- Here, you will have two options but as you want to create Windows 10 ISO file, therefore, select the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC and click on the Next button.
- Click Next.
- Now choose which media to use, therefore, select the ISO file and click Next.
- Select the location where you want to save and wait for the progress. it will take a lot of time but it depends on your internet speed. if you have a fast internet connection then it will download the Windows 10 ISO in a short time.
- Once, the downloading is done then click on the Finish button.
- You have created and downloaded Windows 10 ISO file successfully, now you can use the ISO file and run Windows 10 in MacOS Catalin.
Step 2: Download and Install Virtualbox
Once, you downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file, afterward, you will need to download and install Virtualbox on your MacOS Catalina. to install the Virtualbox follow the below steps.
- Go to Virtualbox official website and download Virtualbox for your Mac computer.
- Now, go to download folder and find the downloaded file, afterward, double-click on the link to launch the wizard setup.
- On the welcome page simply click on the Next button.
- After that, the Custom Setup window will appear and here click on the Next button.
- On the Custom Setup features page click on the Next button.
- Now, you will see the network interfaces warning page, so, click on the Yes button.
- Finally, the installation is ready to go, click on the Install button.
- Wait for a while and click on the Finish button.
Now Install Virtualbox Extension Pack
Once you installed Virtualbox on MacOS Catalina, after that, you will need to install Virtualbox extension pack. we will install an extension pack in order to not face mouse stuck during any operating system installation on Virtualbox. for that, you have to install Virtualbox Extension Pack. Therefore, follow the below steps to install the Virtualbox extension pack.
- Go to Virtualbox official website and download Virtualbox Extension Pack.
- After that, launch Virtualbox.
- Go to file > Preferences.
- Click on the Extensions option from the left side of the window.
- On the right side of the window, you will find a small browse button, so click on the Button.
- Now, select the Virtualbox Extension pack file that you downloaded later and click on the open.
- Afterward, click on the Install button to install the Extension Pack.
- Read the agreement and agree to the Virtualbox License.
- Wait for a while to complete the installation and click on the OK button.
Step 3: Create a New Virtual Machine
Now, you have done and installed Virtualbox plus you have downloaded windows 10 ISO file. So, this is the time to create a new virtual machine for Windows 10 in MacOS Catalina. for that, follow the below steps.
#1: Run Virtualbox and click on the New option.
#2: Here, you are going to install Windows, therefore, type the operating system Name and determine the memory size for Windows 10. then, click on the Next button.
#3: After that, select Create a virtual hard disk now and click on Create button, then, on the next page select the hard disk file type. for that, select VMDK and click on the Next button.
#4: Select the Dynamically Allocated and click on the Next button, then, set the file location and size although the recommended size for Windows 10 is 50 to 100 GB. afterward, click on the Create button and close the Virtualbox.
Step 4: Add Windows 10 ISO file
In step 4, you have to insert the Windows 10 ISO file that you downloaded. in this case, launch the Virtualbox again and follow the below steps.
#1: If the virtual machine has been created successfully, then you will see the operating system name on the left side of the Virtualbox window. So, select the OS and click on the Setting.
#2: Don’t bring any changes to the General and System option because everything is set by default. but click on the Display and Enable 3D Acceleration.
#3: Now, click on the Storage tab and click on the Empty option, afterward, you will have a small CD/DVD icon located at the right side of the page. then, select the ISO file that you download in step 1 and click on the OK button.
Step 5: Run Windows 10 Emulator
This is the last and final step where you will install Windows 10 Emulator. So, double-click on the new virtual machine that you created from the left side of the window. or simply select the Virtual machine and click on the Start button.
#1: Once you run the virtual machine then you will see the Windows 10 installation page. and click the Next button.
#2: Now, click on the Install button.
The other steps are easy and I think there won’t need to share the screenshot.
- After that, it will ask you to provide the license key, if you have so type the key if you don’t have then click on the link I Don’t have a product key.
- Here, select the operating system you want to install and click on the Next button.
- Accept the Windows 10 license terms.
- So, which type of installation you want, therefore, select the second option which is Custom: install windows only.
- If you want to create a partition then go ahead and create several drives and click the Next button.
- Now, wait for a while to complete the Windows 10 installation in MacOS Catalina.
- After that, your Virtual machine will restart and Windows 10 will get ready to use.
Step 6: Get Ready Windows 10 After Installation
Waiting for 10 to 20 minutes to complete the Windows 10 installation in MacOS Catalina, afterward, get ready for your Windows 10 with the below steps.
- The first step is to select your country and click the Next button.
- After that, select your keyboard layout and click on the Yes button.
- On the next window, you don’t need to add a second keyboard simply Skip the window.
- Wait for some minutes because the windows are getting ready and set up a few things.
- Then, you will see two sets up option (Set up for personal use and set up for organization), So, select the first option and click on the Next button.
- If you want to create Microsoft Account then provide your Email and follow the further instructions, otherwise, click on the offline Account from the bottom-left side of the window.
- Give a Name to your Computer and provide Password and confirm the password and click on the Next button.
- Then, on Create Security Questions for this Account page, it will ask you three questions and you have to select the question and give the answer.
- Then, click on the No and click on the Accept button.
- On Privacy Setting click on the Accept button.
- Now, Windows 10 is ready to use and it will take several times but don’t turn off your PC.
- After some minutes you will see the Windows 10 Desktop Screen in MacOS Catalina.
- How to Install MacOS Catalina on Virtualbox on Windows
- Install MacOS Catalina on Vmware on Windows
- How to Install MacOS Mojave on Virtualbox
- Install MacOS High Sierra on Virtualbox
- How to Install Mac OS X El Capitan on Virtualbox
The process you do in Virtualbox on windows to install any operating system is the same installing OS on Virtualbox using a Mac computer. So, here you learn and installed Windows 10 in macOS Catalina using Virtualbox with a few steps. If you have any questions related to Windows 10 installation in MacOS Catalina 10.15 then feel free to ask me in the comment box.