How to Install Xcode on MacOS Catalina 10.15 on Windows?
Before going to install Xcode on MacOS Catalina 10.15 on Windows, let’s have a clue about the Xcode application. So, Xcode is an Associate in a Nursing integrated development environment (IDE) for macOS containing a collection of software package development tools developed by Apple for developing software packages for macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS. initially discharged in 2003, the most recent stable unharness is version 11.2 and is on the market via the raincoat App Store. it means you can download it for free from the Apple App Store.
Once you installed MacOS Catalina on your PC then you are curious to know about its features and development tools. if you are a Mac user then you are looking for a software package to implement new things on your Mac Computer. So, Xcode is the best development tool that you can write code and develop your own software.
Well, installing Xcode on MacOS Catalina on Macbook is quite simple but if you want to install it on Virtualbox then it will be difficult for you. as you know, we have handy software that allows us to install MacOS on Windows such as Virtualbox and Vmware. These two Softwares are the best and you can install any Mac Operating System but for that, you have to download its virtual image file in order to complete the installation.
- Related Article: How to Install Xcode on macOS Mojave on Windows?
However, we have several development tools for MacOS but I recommend you to go with Xcode Application because it is easy to use and a well-known app. Therefore, in this article, I will guide you on the Xcode installation on MacOS Catalina on Windows.
What is Xcode?
Before going to install Xcode on MacOS Catalina 10.15 using windows then you must have some ideas what is Xcode? However, Xcode is an integrated development environment (IDE) tool developed by Apple since 2003 and the current version is Xcode 11.2. Xcode is used to develop software for MacOS, iOS, watchOS, iPadOS, and tvOS. Although, we have several development tools but Xcode is well-known and easy to use.
So, we have various programming languages like C, C++, CSharp, Java, Python, and many more but Xcode is free software and it will support beginner programming languages like C, C++, Java, Apple Script, and etc. Therefore, if you know any beginner programming languages then needless to say you can use Xcode and develop an application.
- Developed: By Apple.
- License: Freeware with open-source components.
- Stable Release: Xcode 11.1 (11A1027) (October 7, 2019; 16 days ago)
- Preview release: 11.2 beta 2 (11B44) (October 11, 2019; 12 days ago)
- Operating System: macOS.
- Developer: Apple Inc.
- Programming languages: C, C++
Why Do I Need Xcode?
However, you have several other tools to develop applications but Xcode is the well-known tool that only supported by Apple to develop Different Applications. So, if you are curious to build iOS or MacOS applications then you must use it. Although there is third-party software that you can use and develop apps for MacOS or iOS and you don’t need to use Xcode, So, that third-party software is not supported by Apple and you will face different kinds of issues while using.
The beauty of Xcode is that it comes with great debugging tools that you can solve all problems in your app faster. even you can manage your image assets and code files with project management tools.
Xcode Major Features
Here I will discuss new features of Xcode 11 that Apple announced in WWDC 2019. So, there are many major features available in Xcode 11. However, Xcode added the supports for Swift 5.1 and also it includes SDKs for iOS 13, tvOS 13, watchOS 6, and MacOS Catalina 10.15. Therefore, below are the handy features of Xcode 11.
The best feature of Xcode is SwiftUI and this time it is the big announcement for Mac user, with this framework you can create layouts easily using Swift code. However, you can see a real app like interface and stuff side by side while editing the Swift file.
So, Swift is in stock for iOS 13 and above, therefore, you can use it if your app supports iOS 13 or above. Moreover, to use Swift select the toolbox from the project setup window.
One of the handy Xcode features is Minimap, Well, this feature is used when you have long code and you want to jump to a specific line or part of your code then you can do it with Minimap that located the left side of your code. Legions of programmers need this feature and Minimap is available in many other code editors such as Atom and etc.
3: Swift Package manager:
4: Transform iPad Apps to Mac:
Some other Xcode features
- Rich Documentation
- UI Testing
- inline Diff
- Debugging and Simulators
- Interface Builder
- Source Editor
- Command Line Tools
Install MacOS Catalina Before Xcode
Without MacOS Cataline you can’t install Xcode software, therefore, if you are Mac user then you have to install MacOS Catalina on your PC by clicking the below links. The links will guide you on how to install macOS Catalina on MacBook, and other platforms.
- Install MacOS Catalina on PC- Hackintosh
- Install MacOS Catalina on Macbook Pro and Air
- How to install MacOS Catalina on External Drive
If you are a Windows user and you are curious to install MacOS Catalina on Windows then you have the best platform to install any Mac operating system. So, Virtualization software like Virtualbox and Vmware allow us to install Mac operating system on Windows but before going to install MacOS you have to download MacOS Catalina virtual image file. without that, you can’t install MacOS Catalina on Virtualization software. Therefore, the below links will guide you on how to install MacaOS Catalina on Virtualization software.
Install Xcode on MacOS Catalina on Windows
Once you have to install MacOS Catalina 10.15 on your system then follow the below instruction to complete the Xcode installation. However, I am installing Xcode on macOS Catalina on Windows using Virtualbox.
- Firstly, run the MacOS Catalina.
- Once MacOS Catalina is ready then Open App Store from Dock.
- On the right top side of the window search for Xcode and press Enter.
- While you press enter then you will see lots of application but you have to click on the first application which is Xcode.
- Here, you will see descriptions on Xcode and with that, you will see some screenshot about the Xcode app. However, before downloading Xcode make sure you have logged in with your Apple ID because without Apple ID you cant download any Mac application. if you don’t have an Apple ID then create a new Apple ID. Once you create an Apple id then sign in and come back to App Store and click on Get button.
- Afterward, click the Install App button.
- Once you clicked the install app button then it will ask you to type your Apple ID password and click on Sign in button.
- Now, wait for some minutes to complete the procedure.
- Go to Launchpad and you will see the Xcode has been installed.
- Now, double-click the Xcode app from the launchpad.
- After that, on Xcode and Apple SDKs agreement click the Agree button.
- Then, it will ask you to provide your Apple ID password, after that, it will start the installing component.
- Wait for some minutes to complete the component installation.
- Congratulations, Xcode has been installed successfully. now you can create a new project.
Xcode is one of the best development tools for Mac user and it has tons of features that a programmer will need during coding. So, in this article, I have explained each and everything. Therefore, if our article was helpful for you then please give your feedback.