Best 7 Hard Disk Partition Manager Software For Windows in 2021
In today’s article review, we’ll be focusing on the Best 7 Hard Disk Partition Manager Software For Windows in 2021.
As days go by, computers are becoming more efficient and powerful, especially when it comes to hardware specifications. Everything is getting bigger and better with each passing day. Nowadays, hard disks have been improved and are getting bigger as they’re capable of storing a large amount of data unlike before. With significantly improved disk space and a large amount of data to manage, it’s very difficult and tiresome for the owner to handle everything in one place with ease.
Unfortunately, the inbuilt Windows Disk Management has never been so efficient and a reliable tool to work with. That’s why the inventory of a dedicated hard drive partitioning management software shines and has been a huge success over the years. It helps you separate and create partitions in the hard drive to smartly manage and organize your applications, files, folders, and other numerous data.
What is Partition in Hard Disk?
For readers who might be confused or might not know the meaning of the concept. Partitions are split sections in a hard disk that’s dedicated to a specific application or operating system and can be accessed as a single unit. Meanwhile, multiple partitions can be created to separate files, for instance, you can store multimedia files like videos, photos, movies in one partition, and install OS on another partition.
This has proven to be the best and great way to manage your hard disk files by assigning them to a dedicated location and help to keep your system neat and well organized. However, multiple partitions can help you:
- Install numerous OS, based on the need, and create partitions for each of the OS.
- Boost performance, store, and access frequently used programs or in one partition.
- Split important files to avoid corruption or malware infection.
- Creating a dedicated space for files, apps, and data for important or urgent use.
Best 7 Hard Disk Partition Manager Software For Windows PC
You must be a tech expert to know how to shrink or extend partitions. However, with the assistance of a hard disk partition manager, you can easily and efficiently create separate entities for your apps and data without much hassle.
Meanwhile, there are tons of hard drive partition manager software one can choose from the market currently. Unfortunately, not all of them will please you or give you the estimated service. However, we’ve tested across a plethora of partition software and brought to you the best 7 hard disk partition manager software for Windows 10 and older versions.
#1: EaseUS Partition Master
Over the years, EaseUS products & services are known to be feature-rich, and it’s one of the best partition managers that provides numerous functionalities & benefits. Amazingly, its easy-to-use interface allows you to drag the arrow either left and right to shrink or widen the partition. Also, there’s an option where you can manually input the partition sizes for accurate space – that’s if you don’t want to automatically use the slider option to resize partitions.
By using EaseUS Partition Master, you can easily choose to blend partitions on one single disk, without losing any data. Also, you can change the volume labels & drive letters of the hard disk with its great features. There’s a password protection option that can protect the entire disk partition manager to avoid unauthorized access. Also, there’s a partition recovery tool where you can recover all deleted or lost partitions in case any mishap happens. One thing that makes the EaseUS Partition Master one of the best hard disk partition managers is its Execute button. That’s to say, whatever changes you make won’t take effect unless you click the button.
- Numerous features
- Offers security option
- Preview changes before taking effect
- Supports defragmentation of files
- Single-click action delete
- Regular frequently useful updates
- Incompatible for commercial purpose
- Compulsory system restart each time you want to partition the computer drive
#2: Paragon Partition Manager
Paragon is among the top hard partition manager for Windows PC that lets you shrink, expand, create, format, and hide partitions on your computer hard drive in just a few clicks. This hard drive partition software offers a broad set of features for quick & easy optimization, partitioning, and management of your Windows. After installation, you’ll be assigned a walkthrough wizard that’ll help you make changes to the hard disk.
Also, when using Paragon Partition Manager, you can easily delete, resize, or format the already existed partitions. Meanwhile, you can use a slider or by entering the size manually to reduce the size of the partition. Paragon Partition Manager is mostly compatible with common files like FAT32, NTFS, and HFS. Unfortunately, extensive features like wiping the hard drive, merging partitions, migrating the OS, etc to a different drive can only be done in the Pro version of the software.
- Allows changes without restarting the computer
- User-friendly interface
- Compatible with GPT/UEFI configurations
- Preview changes before applying them
- Best Windows 10 partition editor for beginners
- Hard Disk performance is optimized during partitioning
- The free version only available for personal use
- Very big set-up files than other partition tools
- Requires serial number during registration
- No premium features in the free version
GParted is one of the few partition tools that can create/edit partitions without any existing OS in the Windows PC. The only requirement for you to carry out this task is to convert the partition editor into a flash or CD drive to smoothly run the software. If you want to turn things off, all your need to do is just shut down your PC and boot it from the CD containing the GParted partition tool.
Among other interesting features, you can shrink, expand, format, remove, clone, or hide any partition using GParted software. Also, this partition tool allows you to easily distinguish volumes from one another by changing the volume label of the drive. Meanwhile, GParted is compatible with both common and popular system files like FAT, HFS, NTFS, EXT, XFS, JFX, F2FS, and many others. Undoubtedly, this is one of the best disk partition tools that will serve all your basic partition needs.
- Compatible with both Windows and macOS PCs
- Easily recovers lost or deleted partitions
- Only needed 300MB space for its installation
- Can work on X86 and X86-64 computers that run on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- No system reboot needed before applying changes
- Must burn the partition tool to a USB or disk device before using it
- Old model dashboard
#4: Tenorshare Partition Manage
Tenorshare is one of the easiest partition tools you can use for your hard disk. This disk partition manager is the simplest choice to manage your hard drive and make changes to your hard disk over a single dashboard. By using Tenorshar, you can edit, create, format, resize, or delete files on your hard drive. Also, if you want to easily recognize your partition, simply change the partition’s capabilities and properties.
Creating partition with this tool is very easy, all you’ve to do is to download the software, select any unallocated space on your partition list, strike the create button in the screen, fill-up the required details, hit “Yes” to create one, click “Apply” to finish the process.
- You can preview your changes before it’s being implemented
- Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- Supports FAT, EXT, NTFS, and HFS conversions
- You can equally use an external USB drive, hard drive, etc
- Doesn’t allow users to split or clone partitions which are common features in other partition tools
- A very dull interface when compared to other HDD partition software
#5: AOMEI Partition Assistant SE
AOMEI Partition Assistant SE is one of the easiest and most popular disk partition tools. It’s well equipped with all the necessary partition features along with many advanced tools that you might not see in most other HDD partition software. Also, this hard disk partition manager can create a pre-installation environment that’ll run the AOMEI before the Windows starts up. Meanwhile, you can shrink, expand, format, and delete partitions.
The ability to create a bootable Windows PE is of great help in case you want to avoid system reboot after making changes, or you can’t start the operating system. There’s an inbuilt Copy Wizard that can copy and transfer all the content from one drive or partition to another. Fortunately, Extend Partition Wizard can expand the system’s partition without any reboot.
- Restores lost or deleted partitions
- Conversion of system files to and from NTFS & FAT32
- Availability of standard and professional versions to suit every user’s preference
- Easily merge, split, or hide partitions without losing any data
- You can access and manually implement your changes before finally applying them
- Offers easy-to-understand Wizard
- Incompatible to convert dynamic disk to basic disk
- Advanced interesting features are only available in the premium version
#6: Active@ Partition Manager
Active@ Partition Manager is another free Windows 10 disk software that helps you optimize your storage devices, partitions, or logical devices without shutting down your system. This partition manager allows you to format, create, change partition attributes, mark partitions as active, or delete logical drives. Also, Active@ Partition Manager helps you to easily create partitions on your flash drive memory.
Also, it’s a basic backup tool that lets you create a complete copy of any partition or hard drive. There’s an inbuilt S.M.A.R.T support feature that brings out the health of your dashboard, which makes it incomparable to other similar disk partition software in the competition. Interestingly, there’s a portable version, which means you can move it from one location to another, but it’s the only disadvantage is the limited functionalities.
- Can work on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP
- There’s a S.M.A.R.T feature that brings an overview of your hard drive’s health
- Free and lightweight
- Compatible with UFS, HFS+, EX2/EXT3/EXT4, and other popular file systems
- Converts MBR to GPT
- Clustered interface
- Absent of cloning partition feature
- Inability to resize locked partitions
#7: MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
MiniTool is the best hard disk partition manager software for Windows 10 tool options for beginners. Unlike other partition tools in our list, MiniTool main focus is to maximize disk performance. Meanwhile, there’s a built-in disk diagnostic master that analyze disk usage, measure disk, read & write speed, easily fixes logical file system errors, and detects bad sectors in the disk drive.
This disk manager tool works great to create, format, or resize partitions flexibly. Also, you can convert through MBR/GPT disks, and partitions between FAT32 and NTFS. This software offers a data recovery solution too, including the ability to detect and retrieve lost data from deleted, formatted, or damaged drives. Fortunately, you can easily Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard if you want to copy the existing Windows drive to a different one.
- Also allows you to expand system partition without any reboot
- You can run a test to identify bad sectors in the disk
- Also available in a portable version
- You can easily restore lost or deleted partitions using Partition Recovery Wizard
- Supports almost all common partition functions
- Let’s talk remove some of the partition attributes
- Most of its interesting features are only available in the updated version
- Simple tweaks to speed up your Windows
- How to factory reset your Windows
- How to optimize Windows 10 for gaming and performance
- Fix AMD Driver crashing on windows 10
Most times, managing your disks can be tiresome and intimidating especially when you have little or no technical knowledge about hard drives. However, the invention of disk drive manager software has put an end to all these problems.
This software helps you to clearly analyze or optimize your disk without much hassle. We’ve outlined a top seven disk manager software that’ll do this task for some of them without paying any dime. You can choose from our aforementioned list and install any of the partition editor software for Windows to quickly create and manage