Download macOS Big Sur ISO File Final Version – Direct Link
Apple introduced and released the new update of the Macintosh operating system called macOS 11 Big Sur. This operating system is the 11 version of Apple Mac OS and at WWDC 2020, Apple highlighted all the new features, changes, and improvements of macOS Big Sur. Along with, Apple announced the new version of iOS 14, iPadOS 14, watchOS 7, and tvOS 14. The new update has tons of features and better than the previous version.
The main update comes in Safari Web Browser though Apple said, Safari is much faster than the Chrome browser. Besides that, many other updates come in applications, icons, colors, menu bars, notification center, control center, iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 apps in macOS Big Sur, refined user interface, and etc.
On June 22, Apple released the first developer beta for macOS Big Sur, iOS 14, iPadOS 14, tvOS 14, and watchOS 7. All the developer beta is available for the developer only, though you can download macOS Big Sur without a developer account. However, you can wait for some days as Apple will release the public beta in July and it is free.
So, if you want to create macOS Big Sur bootable USB on Windows or Mac. Or, you want to install macOS Big Sur on Virtualbox on Windows. Then, you will need to download the macOS Big Sur ISO file and we are here to give you the macOS 11 Big Sur ISO file direct link.
Therefore, download the macOS 11 Big Sur installer file and install macOS Big Sur on virtual machines. One thing more, check macOS Big Sur compatible Macs list. However, Apple dropped the older Mac version but you can install macOS Big Sur on Unsupported Mac devices. Anyhow, let’s start our article.
Some Highlighted Features of macOS 11 Big Sur
Thanks to Apple for releasing the powerful operating system in pandemic COVID-19. Apple did a big challenge and included several major features on the new software version. So, below are the main and handy features of macOS 11 Big Sur that highlighted at WWDC by Apple. I am sure you will like them and it will be useful to you.
- Refined UI
- Updated Menu Bar (the menu bar is now taller and more translucent)
- Floating Dock (The redesigned Dock is lifted from the bottom of your display and is more translucent)
- Update new icons for Apps
- Control Center in new macOS Big Sur and you can customize the control center using the icon from the menu bar.
- Apple updated Notification Center and redesigned all the notifications and widgets.
- The main update is in the Safari web browser and you can customize the home page, better performance, Favicon in tabs, and much more.
- With new updates in Messages, you can pin your favorite conversation, even you will have multiple pinned conversation options. Besides that, you will have inline replies, Memoji Stickers, Enhanced photo picker, and much more.
- New improvement in Maps
- In macOS 11 Big Sur, there are tons of software updates. (Once you install the macOS Big Sur then the software update runs in the background and it will be completed faster.)
You can Install macOS Big Sur on the below Mac lists
Once Apple released the latest Mac operating system with many new changes and improvements. Then, Apple dropped the older Mac versions, those Mac that can support macOS Catalina can’t support macOS Big Sur. Even, those older Mac can’t get the macOS Big Sur update. So, the below Macs can support macOS Big Sur.
- MacBook 2015 and later
- MacBook Air and Pro Late 2013 and later
- Mac mini 2014 and later
- iMac 2014 and later
- iMac Pro 2017 and later (all models)
- Mac Pro 2013 and later
The below older Mac computers are dropped to support macOS Big Sur. But, you can install macOS Big Sur on Unsupported Mac devices. However, the current Apple operating system is amazing and everyone wants to get the experience and give it a try.
- MacBook Air 2012
- MacBook Pro 2012, Early 2013 MacBook Pro
- 2012 Mac mini 2012
- iMac 2012, 2013 iMac
Download macOS 11 Big Sur ISO File latest version
Mostly, users download the macOS Big Sur ISO file in order to create a bootable USB to have a clean macOS 11 installation. However, Windows and Linux users download the macOS Big Sur installer file to install the operating system on virtual machines. Otherwise, they can not run any versions of Mac OS.
But, Mac users also should download the macOS Big Sur ISO file. If you want to create macOS 11 bootable USB to boot the macOS 11. Then, download the below ISO file.
- macOS Big Sur ISO File Download Direct Link
The macOS 11 Big Sur dmg file is available for users to download and install on virtual machines. You can use any of the macOS Big Sur installer files whether dmg or ISO file. Both installer file will work.
Create a Bootable USB Installer for macOS Big Sur
Once you download the macOS Big Sur iso file then you can create a bootable macOS Big Sur USB installer drive. Creating bootable USB has several good points. However, installing macOS Big Sur on your Mac computer each time will need to download the macOS Big Sur installer file. But, creating a bootable USB drive is much better and you can install macOS Big Sur using USB multiple times.
Therefore, it is the best way to have a clean install of macOS Big Sur on your Mac using bootable USB. And you can make a bootable USB using a terminal and a few lines of code. To create a bootable USB drive, follow the below article.
How to Install macOS 11 Big Sur on Virtual Machines?
Virtual machines are the best option to try any new operating system such as Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. It will allow you to run multiple operating systems on a single host computer. The virtual machines are available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Everyone can download and install it on their PC.
Therefore, you have the best choice to install the macOS Big Sur beta version on virtual machines like Virtualbox or Vmware. You know, the beta version has tons of errors that may cause crashes and random restart. So, for now, don’t install the macOS Big Sur beta version on your main computer. Just follow the below link and install it on the Virtual machine. Once the final version of macOS Big Sur released then without any stress install the macOS Big Sur.
- How to Install macOS Big Sur on VirtualBox on Windows
- How to install macOS Big Sur on Vmware on Windows
- Download macOS Catalina 10.15.5 ISO File
- Download macOS Big Sur Wallpaper for Desktop, iPhone, and iPad
- How to download and install iOS 14 on iPhone
- Download macOS Big Sur VMDK file
At the bottom of this article, I recommend you wait for the final release of macOS Big Sur. Till that time, there won’t be many errors that crash your data and computer. Apple will release the final version at the end of this year in September or October.
In case, you can’t wait for the final version, then download and install macOS Big Sur on your Mac or Windows. But, don’t install it on your main host. It might crash your computer.