Forever, we are not with our families, relatives, and friends but there are several major platforms that allow us to contact them. However, you know we have a various social media platform that we can send a message and make a call to our loved one, such as Facebook, Viber, Whatsup, and etc. like this Mac Operating System has FaceTime application where only Mac user can use it and make a call easily. if you are running a Mac operating system then you have a good opportunity to contact your families and other people. How you can do it, in this article, I will guide you on How to Make FaceTime Calls on Mac.
The advantage of FaceTime application is, that it is free and there is no need for money or to pay for a call. only you need to connect your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod with Wifi Internet or LTE data connection. without an internet connection, you can’t call or send message to your relatives, therefore, you should have high-speed wifi or data connection to complete this procedure. Moreover, if your recipients don’t have an internet connection outside then don’t worry they don’t need to pay money for that. just they need only a data connection for the duration of calls.
You get the idea about the advantage of FaceTime but now let’s discuss the disadvantage of FaceTime application. However, faceTime application is only available on Mac devices like MacOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod. So, it means that the user that doesn’t have mac operating system then they can’t use FaceTime application or they cannot call through FaceTime. Only Mac user can be in touch with each other and this application is not available on Windows, Linux, and Android. Therefore, if you have a Mac operating system then this article is for you otherwise this is not for you.
Requirements to make FaceTime calls on Mac
If you want to make a FaceTime call on Mac to iPhone, iPad, and iPod then you need the below requirements to complete the procedure. therefore, read the below list and make sure you have completed the requirements to make a FaceTime call.
- If you want to make a FaceTime Call to iPhone then make sure your iPhone is running iOS 8 or later.
- Make sure your Mac and iPhone are connected with a wifi network connection.
- To complete the call you have to sign in with your Apple ID on both devices.
- At last, make sure you have turned on the wifi calls on both Mac and iPhone devices.
Turn on Wi-Fi calling on iPhone: go to Settings>iPhone> Wi-Fi calling>slide it on; for iOS 8 or earlier: go to Settings>FaceTime>slide iPhone Cellular call to turn it on.
Turn Wi-Fi calling on Mac: open FaceTime>choose FaceTime>Preferences>choose Calls from iPhone.
Set up FaceTime on Mac
In the first step, you need to set up FaceTime on your Mac, therefore, follow the below steps to complete the setup.
- Open FaceTime on your Mac.
- Now, enter your Apple ID email address and password then click on the Sign-in button.
- If you don’t want to receive calls from the listed email address then uncheck those email.
Make FaceTime Calls on Mac
you might be waiting for how to make FaceTime calls on Mac and you want to know more about FaceTime application, therefore, read and follow the below steps.
- Run FaceTime on your Mac.
- Here, you have two options whether you want to make a video call or audio call, therefore, select one of the types you want to make a call.
- To make a call you need to click on the contact Name, Email, or Number. or enter contact Name, Email or Number into the search bar.
- Once you select the recipients then click on the Phone icon or Camera icon to begin the call.
Add Email Address in FaceTime on Mac
there can be sometimes that you have lots of email address to contact them and you want to add their email in FaceTime on your Mac. Therefore, follow the below steps.
- open FaceTime Application on Mac.
- Click on the FaceTime menu from the left top and go to Preferences.
- Now, click on the Add Email button and enter the new email address you want to add.
Choose which Number or Email Address you want to call
Think you have lots of numbers and email address in your contact list and you want to call a few of them, therefore, you have to choose which number and email address you want to call. although, you can call through email or number.
- Open FaceTime on your Mac.
- Next, click on the FaceTime menu from the menu bar and go to Preferences.
- Now, click the drop-down menu next to Start New Calls from.
- Then, choose the number or email address you want to start a new call from FaceTime.
Make a group calls on FaceTime
To make a group calls on FaceTime is the favorite of every user, while they are a group of friends and they want to make a group call and have fun then faceTime application give you this chance to make a group calls among your relatives. to do that follow the below steps.
- Open FaceTime on Mac, you can find it on Finder > Applications > FaceTime.
To make a call on FaceTime you need to sign in using your Apple ID, after that, type the names of those people you wish to add them in group calls by pressing the Return key on your keyboard after you have selected each participant.
- While you have selected all the participants then to start a group FaceTime call, click on the video button if you want to have a video group call or click on the audio button if you want to have an audio group call.
With these steps, you can make group calls among all your relatives and friends. So, this is the step that allows you to make a group calls on FaceTime.
Add another caller during a group FaceTime call
During your group call on FaceTime, you can add another caller on your current group, this is so simple and easy. for example, you have created a group or you have selected participants but you forget one of your friends and it dawns on you during the call, then you can add them during the call with the below steps.
- If you would like to add another caller to your current group FaceTime call then find the SideBar icon during the call and click on it.
A list of participants will appear on the left side, and at the bottom find the plus sign icon (+) to add another caller. Type in their name, phone number or email address and click Add at the bottom of the screen. You can add up to 32 people to a group FaceTime audio or video call.
Set your FaceTime Ringtones
You have become bored with the default FaceTime ringtones and you want to set a new one then follow the below steps.
- Open FaceTime on Mac.
- Click on the Facetime Menu from Menu bar and go to Preferences.
- Then, click on the Drop-Down menu next to ringtone.
- Here, you have various ringtones, therefore, check one by one and set a new ringtone for your FaceTime Application.
Set your location in FaceTime
If you want to change your FaceTime location or you don’t want to show your real location then follow the below steps and set your location in FaceTime.
- Open FaceTime on your Mac.
- Click on the FaceTime Menu from Menu Bar and go to Preferences.
- After that, click the Drop-Down menu next to Location.
- Now set your location from here.
- How to use SideCar on iPadOS 13
- How to use SideCar on MacOS Catalina
- MacOS Catalina features you should know
That’s all about How to Make FaceTime Calls on Mac, So, here, I explain everything that you will need on faceTime application or during your call. Therefore, I hope you understand everything and this article is clear for you. Moreover, if you have any question then feel free to ask me in the comment box and don’t forget to give your feedback.